tax2u Constructor

What information do you need from me?

tax2u Constructor

From you, we will need the following:

  • Confirm your 10-digit UTR (Unique Tax Reference) or CIS Number if you have been paid under the Construction Industry Scheme
  • Contact details (including your most recent home address)
  • CIS payslips statements or invoices
  • P45/P60 if you were also paid via PAYE
  • Identification documents: Valid Photo ID i.e. Driving License or Passport, (provisional Driving Licenses are not accepted) a photograph of yourself holding the ID, and a most recent proof of address such as a recent bank statement (no older than 3 months) or letter from HMRC with your name and address>

You can confirm these via email to [email protected] or you can upload your documents to our secure Online Dashboard, you can sign up for a Dashboard here

For the current 2023-2024 Tax Year we need to include all of your income from starting from 6th Apr 2023 to 5th Apr 2024.

We can review your bank statements to calculate your income if you notify us who the income was paid from. This service is also available for work related expenditure.

Like this post if you found it useful, click share so you can help your Facebook friends too
tax2u early bird

Early Bird

Limited Time Offer



£ 11 +vat pm

(One Time Payment)


Limited places, first come first

Products Left: 2000/500

Offer End on: 6th April 2024

tax2u countdown final offer

Final Offer

Limited Time Offer



£ 12 +vat pm

(One Time Payment)


Limited places, first come first service

Products Left: 2000/2000

Offer End on: 30 Apr 2021

CIS stands for Construction Industry Scheme, it’s a tax legislation put in place by HMRC to ensure all construction workers pay their tax. Read more

Some Your client or contractor has to deduct CIS tax from your pay each and every time they pay you. They then pay this tax deduction to HMRC who hold it on your account until your submit your tax return. Read more

Everyone in the UK gets a tax free allowance, this is the threshold before you have to pay any tax. However, as your client has already deducted your tax from earnings under the threshold you can claim it back. Read more

If you have earning over the minimum threshold (£12,570 for tax year 2023-24) then you can maximise your tax rebate by offsetting your income with business receipts. Read more

The main thing that you need is your CIS deduction certificates, payslips or your bank statements to prove income and tax deducted. Read more

You can claim back your CIS tax on the 6th April each year for the previous tax year. You then have until the 31st Jan (the tax return deadline) to submit your tax return. Read more

To claim back your tax you need to submit your self-assessment tax return. Read more

A CIS deduction certificate is the payslip that your client should give you each and every time you are paid. It will show the Gross, Nett and Tax deducted amounts that tax2u will need to reclaim your tax. Read more

It really couldn’t be simpler, log in or create your free account, upload your CIS deduction certificates / payslips and our accountants will do the rest. Read more