To register for a UTR number simply click here and you’ll be redirected to our Tax2u signup page to submit your details with us.

Please call HMRC directly on 0300 200 3310. You will need your national insurance number and contact details to obtain your UTR.

Once we submit your application with HMRC it will take up to 4 weeks for HMRC to send you a letter with your UTR number.

If you are self employed and not working in the construction industry anything you earn over the personal allowance for the tax year is eligible for tax.

We can help you to complete your tax return and help you pay your tax bill in a timely manner.

If you are registered for self-employment you must file your tax return to HMRC every year. If not, you will be fined up to £100 every month from the due date.

As per HMRC guidelines, the tax preparer must obtain client’s ID before submitting their tax return. If not, HMRC will fine both client and tax preparer for not following HMRC guidelines.

Usually HMRC will take up to 4 weeks to provide you a refund. In some cases it may get delayed depending up on the refund claim and previous years status.

If you missed the end of the previous tax year and need to submit two returns to bring your account up to date please see How do I file my self-assessment tax return?

Yes. You can claim tax relief for the last 4 years.

If you worked in the UK in the last 4 years and have satisfactory evidence, then you are still eligible to make a claim.

No, applying for a tax refund does NOT affect any other benefits claimed eg: working tax credits, child tax credits, JSA, ESA etc