Activate your UTR for The Construction Industry Scheme

Activate your UTR for The Construction Industry Scheme

If you already have a UTR (Unique Tax Reference) number and you want to work in the CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) then you will need to activate your UTR number for CIS.

There are two ways in which you can do this

  1. Call HMRC directly on 0300 200 3210.  You will need to give them your address, NI (national insurance number) & UTR.
  2. Complete a CIS301 form.  You will need to complete the form using your address, NI & UTR. Download the form here or email us and we’ll do it for you.

Calling HRMC is the quickest route to getting registered for CIS but you may have to stay on hold for a while until you can get through.  If you are a client of our’s then we can call HMRC for your and get your UTR activated using our HMRC agent account.  Please email us if you need assistance with this.

Check our our frequently asked questions page for more information and follow us on facebook to stay updated on all CIS changes that will affect you.